🎥 The Great Caruso – 1951
The Story …
The Great Caruso is a 1951 biographical film produced by Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer and starring Mario Lanza as famous operatic tenor Enrico Caruso.
The movie was directed by Richard Thorpe and produced by Joe Pasternak with Jesse L. Lasky as associate producer …
The screenplay, by Sonya Levien and William Ludwig, was suggested by the biography Enrico Caruso His Life and Death by Dorothy Caruso, the tenor’s widow.
The original music was composed and arranged by Johnny Green and the cinematography by Joseph Ruttenberg.
The costume design was by Helen Rose and Gile Steele – The film is a highly fictionalized biography of the life of Caruso.
- Directed by : Richard Thorpe
- Written by : William Ludwig
- Produced by : Joe Pasternak
- Cinematography : Joseph Ruttenberg
- Edited by : Gene Ruggiero
- Music by : Johnny Green
- Production Company : Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer
- Distributed by : Loew’s Inc.
- Release Date : April 27, 1951
- Mario Lanza as Enrico Caruso
- Ann Blyth as Dorothy Park Benjamin
- Dorothy Kirsten as Louise Heggar
- Jarmila Novotna as Maria Selka
- Ludwig Donath as Alfredo Brazzi
- Carl Benton Reid as Park Benjamin
- Eduard Franz as Giulio Gatti-Casazza
- Pál Jávor as Antonio Scotti (credited as Paul Javor)
- Alan Napier as Jean De Reszke
- Shepard Menken as Fucito
- Carl Milletaire as Gino
- Vincent Renno as Tullio
- Nestor Paiva as Egisto Barretto
- Argentina Brunetti as Signora Barretto
- Yvette Duguay as Musetta Barretto
- Ian Wolfe as Hutchins
- Richard Hageman as Carlo Santi, opera conductor
- Peter Edward Price as Caruso (as a boy)
- Angela Clarke as Mama Caruso
- Mario Siletti as Papa Caruso
- Peter Brocco as Father Bronzetti
The Opera Montage are Metropolitan Opera stars, notably sopranos Teresa Celli, Lucine Amara and Marina Koshetz, mezzo-soprano Blanche Thebom, baritone Giuseppe Valdengo and bass Nicola Moscona.
Film Information Source :
Copyright Protected :
ALL RIGHTS TO THIS MOVIE REMAIN WITH THE OWNERS