🎥 Berlin Correspondent – 1942
The Story …
Bill Roberts, a dedicated newspaper correspondent based in Europe, who is deeply committed to his role as a journalist during the tumultuous years of World War II.
Bill is known for his determination and fearlessness in seeking out the latest news from the front lines.
When a valuable source provides Bill with a tip about a potential game-changing revelation in Berlin, he embarks on a daring mission into the heart of Nazi-occupied Germany. His journey takes him through treacherous terrain, where he must navigate a web of espionage, deceit, and constant danger.
As Bill arrives in Berlin, he adopts a covert identity and dives headfirst into a city teeming with Nazi officials, spies, and propaganda. He skillfully conceals his true intentions while he attempts to gather information that could alter the course of the war.
Along the way, Bill encounters various characters, some of whom are sympathetic to his cause, while others are determined to uncover his true identity and expose him as a spy. He forms alliances and navigates intricate plots as he inches closer to the elusive truth he seeks.
The tension escalates as Bill’s investigations draw him deeper into a world of intrigue and peril. He must outwit the relentless pursuit of the Nazi authorities while staying one step ahead of those who would see him fail.
Ultimately, “Berlin Correspondent” is a suspenseful and thrilling portrayal of one man’s quest for truth amid the chaos of war. Bill Roberts’ journey is a testament to the bravery of journalists who risked everything to report on the front lines and shine a light on the darkest corners of history.
The film’s climax unfolds as Bill’s investigation reaches a critical juncture, leading to a suspense-filled confrontation that will determine the fate of the information he possesses and the impact it may have on the course of World War II.
The story unfolds …
“A great performance by Dana Andrews! …”
- Directed by : Mervyn LeRoy
- Screenplay by : Arthur Wimperis, George Froeschel and Claudine West
- Based on : Random Harvest 1941 novel by James Hilton
- Produced by : Sidney Franklin
- Cinematography : Joseph Ruttenberg
- Edited by : Harold F. Kress
- Music by : Herbert Stothart
- Production Company : Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer
- Distributed by : Loew’s Inc.
- Release Date : December 17, 1942
- Virginia Gilmore as Karen Hauen
- Dana Andrews as Bill Roberts
- Mona Maris as Carla
- Martin Kosleck as Captain von Rau
- Sig Ruman as Dr. Dietrich
- Kurt Katch as Weiner
- Erwin Kalser as Mr. Rudolph Hauen
- Torben Meyer as Manager
- William Edmunds as Hans Gruber
- Hans Schumm as Gunther
- Leonard Mudie as George, English Prisoner
- Hans von Morhart as The Actor
- Curt Furburg as Doctor
- Henry Rowland as Pilot
- Christian Rub as Prisoner
Copyright Protected :
ALL RIGHTS TO THIS MOVIE REMAIN WITH THE OWNERS